Who's Online

Who's on Vent

Recent Images

Kinship Summary

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Falarc
Systkin (Recruit)

re: How is book 8

Hey all, how is book 8. I've actually been really busy lately, and forgot to get money for lotro so I've just been getting more busy lately. Anyway I was wondering how book 8 is going. The dungeons sound really cool.
Gruff
Gruff
Hersir (Officer)

Hey bud,

Book 8 is pretty good. I haven't done the actual epic quests because no one is around (even I have not had much time to play). Milph's been on a bit and Ang/Kala as well, but that's about it.

Kala, Ang and I did the 2 3-man instances, they are pretty good, but the final bosses are TOUGH! The first day they were released, the bosses all bugged out so couldn't complete them. Now that they are fixed I have only done the waterworks one (with some Wayward Souls fokls) and we couldn't beat the boss.

It's been really really quiet in the kin. I haven't been on in the past week, worked 5 nights in a row and then today, my day off, spent most of the day doing laundry and working on a graphic project for my dad, then back to work tomorrow. I miss it :-( Hopefully will have time to play some this week, but working this weekend as well (UGH).

Ah well, Im coming back soon, finally sold my wow account and got rid of the addiction, kind of nagging the back of my mind but its nice.
Gruff
Gruff
Hersir (Officer)

Well, it's been so quiet in the game that I figured I'd take a little break like everyone else has. I'm not talking a long break or anything, and still paying for it (will probably never stop paying for it, haha) but will take the opportunity to try other games until folks come back. I'll log in periodically to see if folks have come back (or they can post here too).

Currently trying Age of Conan. I am liking it a lot but it's no LOTRO. I have a few different classes on the Wiccana server but my main is a Necromancer, one of the pet classes. Super powerful caster. I really like it!

haha never tried that game.......course i dont think anyone would let me but aside from that
Gruff
Gruff
Hersir (Officer)

Yeah, it's M rated, but it's just a few swear words in the quests and "brief" nudity. Just watching the global chat in the game, heard that they had taken the nudity out, but saw a female toon climbing down the side of a mountain the other day who was topless. LOL! At least it looked that way, some of the female armor is kinda skimpy so it could have been there. There are some neat "devastated" type moves in the game that decapitate the mob or tear off it's limbs and blood splatters on the screen/camera too.

Guess it all depends on how relaxed your folks are... But don't worry, I'm not leaving LOTRO, just waiting til everyone comes back :-)

Kell said he was playing Vanguard a little and enjoying it, I tried the 14 day trial but didn't like it as much. It was super laggy even though it has older graphics. LOTRO and AOC run better on my machine on Medium and High graphics than Vanguard did on low. Might have been the servers, though, there were tons of people in the newbie area.

Haha well if I played that type of game I would probably just not mention it and have alt tab ready but yeah. Vanguard looked ok but meh
Gruff
Gruff
Hersir (Officer)

Well, AOC is only $20 now, digital download....

Ah yeah well I am still trying to get money for lotro, Im considering working at Braums or somewhere, they hire at 14.
Gruff
Gruff
Hersir (Officer)

Mmmmmmm I love Braums! Great bacon cheeseburgers. LOL! And you'd have super-strong forearms from scooping the ice cream, would make for more accurate mouse use and, in turn, more accurate gaming! LMAO!

I've still been playing AoC and enjoying it, although I've been playing 100% solo. My Necromancer is level 43 and you'd like that class because they can have 8 pets (and up to 12 with temporary pets you get from FATALITIES which are like Devastates in LOTRO) but they are much less complex than LMs. I'm also playing a Priest of Mitra (healer) and really liking my Herald of Xotli which is a battle-mage. I know, me and melee, funny mix. Leveling to 40 is pretty fast in AoC but then it slows considerably (level cap is 80).

I logged into LOTRO the other day but no one was around. I paid my housing fees tho. haha. Miss you guys!

Gruff

Makes me wonder when it will be da same. Ive been playing RTS lately pretty fun.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Úlfheðnar Forum Index -> Member Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: